- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fully cooked ham – Did not include this ingredient in our muffins
- cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup half and half cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Sliced green onion for garnish, (or you can add it in.)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a 12 muffin pan. Divide the onion, green pepper, and ham evenly over the 12 muffin tins. Add the cheddar cheese evenly on the top.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk the eggs, half and half, salt and pepper. Pour over the top of the cheese and fill the liner until almost full.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until set. Remove and serve warm or let cool and store in the refrigerator or freezer. Reheat from fridge for about 30 seconds or frozen for about 1 minute or until heated through.
I hope you guys enjoyed this read and find the recipe easy enough to make it for yourselves or your loved ones. These protein packed muffins can be made or packed for the kiddos as well- I’m sure they’ll love it!
Thank you for reading, feel free to comment if you would change up the recipe to something yummier… I would love to know!
Lots of love,
Recipe Credit: Alyssa