- 6 chicken thighs (bone in and skin on)
- ⅓ cup Apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 2 tablespoons pure sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger (fresh)
- 2 bunches of baby bok choy (quartered horizontally)- I USED WASHED AND DRIED LETTUCE LEAVES.
- sliced green onions/shallots
- Preheat oven to 220°C | 425°F
- Wash chicken thighs and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Whisk the vinegar, soy sauce, honey, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic and ginger together in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a rolling boil; reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for about 5 minutes while stirring occasionally until sauce thickens. Take off heat and allow to cool slightly. Place chicken thighs into an oven proof pan/skillet or baking dish. Pour ⅔ of the sauce mixture over the chicken, rotating each thigh until evenly covered. Rotate the chicken to be skin side down, and bake for 30 minutes. Turn thighs and continue to bake until beginning to brown on the skin (about another 15 minutes). At this point, start steaming your bok choy (or any other vegetable), to your desired texture (crunchy, soft, etc).
- Change oven settings to grill/broil on medium heat and grill until the skin changes to deep golden in colour (about 5 minutes).
- Allow chicken to rest for 10 minutes. Serve with the steamed bok choy, shallots/green onion slices and remaining sauce.
Thank you for reading. Let me know if you try making this dish or if you make this dish differently, I would love try it.
Love of love,
Recipe Source: Karina