Talk about finger licking good. This recipe is loaded with herbs and spices and is very different from the regular beef meatball recipe. A must try!!
The meat balls:
- 1 3/4 lb (800g) ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch italian parsley, rinsed and finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 bouillon cube, crumbled
- One handful of small onions, peeled
- 1 tablespoon butter, 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (400g) diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
The spice mix:
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder, 1 coffee spoon ginger powder, 1 coffee spoon ground cumin, 1/4 coffee spoon chili powder (optional)
1. In a large bowl, combine ground beef with chopped onion, a bit of garlic powder, crumbled bouillon cube and half the parsley and form small balls, the size of a walnut.
2. Heat butter and oil in a pot, brown the meatballs on all sides then add the small onions. Cook for 2 minutes then add tomato taste and mix well. Add diced tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes more. Add all the remaining spices—cumin, garlic, ginger and chili— for a good kick of heat. Finally add a small glass of water, cover and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes.
3. 10 minutes before the end of cooking time, add remaining parsley and adjust seasoning. Serve the meatballs with the sauce over rice or couscous with a sprinkling of parsley.
As always, If you end up making them, don’t forget to take a pic and post it on instagram or comment below and let me know how it turned out 🙂 I would love to see/hear about your about your creations 🙂 @chroniclesofanewbride