I have been craving for these lately. Especially with the tennis Tournament going on, I had to have something to munch on while the anxiety levels rise! (You know what I mean right?)
I mean, I know that I have also been telling myself that I really need to go to the gym and what not, but how can I say no to chips and nachos with a touch of garlic sauce… I caaan’t – Anyway, let’s get to the main part!
For the garlic cream sauce (Makes 1/2 cup):
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 pinch each: salt, pepper and red pepper flakes
- ¼ cups grated Parmesan cheese
For the Mince:
- 2 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 1 small yellow onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice (about 1 cup)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
For the nachos:
- Your favorite crispy tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup garlic cream sauce (recipe above)
- 1/4 cup red onion, small diced
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 whole green bell pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded colby-jack cheese, or any Mexican cheese blend
Start by making the garlic cream sauce. In a medium pan, melt butter and olive oil on medium heat. Once melted, add garlic and stir. Add cream and milk, whisking until it comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low to simmer sauce. Add salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and Parmesan cheese, continuing to whisk frequently. Once the sauce has thickened, remove from heat and set aside.
When you are ready to make your nachos , preheat oven to 400 degrees F. First add a layer of chips. Drizzle a bit of garlic cream sauce over the chips. Top with onions, mince meat, olives, and bell pepper. Sprinkle on some cheese. Repeat layering, with chips, cream sauce, toppings, and cheese until you reach the top of the dish. Top with remaining cheese.
Place in preheated oven, baking until the cheese is melted and nachos are warm throughout – 7 minutes or so.
If you get a chance to make these yummy snacks, don’t forget to post a pic on instagram and tag me @chroniclesofanewbride