What do you do when you get bored of the regular hot chocolate? Try new ones!!! We were getting bored of the regular Coffee/tea and hot chocolates, so as always I look up for more ideas and try them out, this week, I decided to try out the caramel hot chocolate and if you have a sweet tooth like me, then you’re going to LOVE this!! Its as good as buying it from Starbucks and what’s better than having a delicious drink and watch the snow fall?!…Perfect!
Try it out, let me know what you think.
- 2 cups milk, preferably whole
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- Sweetened whipped cream or vanilla marshmallows
- Grated chocolate for garnish, optional
- Caramel Sauce
- Prepare caramel sauce according to directions listed and allow to cool slightly. Heat milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Once milk is warm, stir in chocolate chips and caramel, and cook whisking constantly until chocolate has melted. Allow to cool slightly and serve warm topped, topped with sweetened whipped cream or miniature marshmallows, drizzle each serving with 1 Tbsp caramel sauce and garnish with grated chocolate if desired.
Recipe Source: Jacklyn