We felt like having eggs today but something different than the usual “scrambled or fried” eggs but something as delicious. I came across this recipe and I decided to myself that while my deary is watching his Soccer game, I can quickly made these baked Omelette and surprise him with something new. Whoa! we sure did enjoy that heavy breakfast.
I decided to substitute ham for hot dogs and hoping it would taste good and oh yes it did! The hot gods added that meat flavor to it! Must try!
Note: I tried to add pics below so you have a rough guide line 🙂 Enjoy
Baked Denver Omelette
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper (chop veggies small)
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup (heaping) chopped cooked ham (I used 2 boiled hot-dogs instead)
- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/ 4 cup feta cheese
- Sliced avocados, for serving (optional)
- Chopped chives and hot sauce, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 7 by 11-inch or 9 by 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Sprinkle ham into an even layer in bottom of baking dish. I used a round tray
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add red and green bell peppers and onion and cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Evenly pour pepper mixture over ham layer then sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together eggs and milk until well blended. Season with salt and pepper and stir, then pour over mixture in baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until puffy and set, about 22 – 25 minutes. Cut and serve warm with avocado slices and optional chives and hot sauce.
Thank you for reading.
Recipe source: Taste of Home